Copyright © 2016 Thomex Inc. All rights reserved.

July 26, 2013

Step Out And Find Out


"When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon (Peter), Put out into the deep [water], and lower your nets for a haul." ~Luke 5:4

The only way we ever fulfill our destinies and succeed at being our true selves is to take many, many steps of faith.  Stepping out into the unknown and launching out into the deep water, as we read about in Luke 5:4, can be frightening.

Because of feelings of fear, many people never step out; therefore they never find out what they are capable of.

Each of us needs to obey God when He wants us to step out into something new or challenging.  We are living in the dispensation of grace and many doors of opportunity are open to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.  Make a decision that you will not miss any opportunity that God gives you.  Do what God asks you to do even if you must "do it afraid." Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Many people miss God's will for their lives because they play it safe.  I do not want to come to the end of my life and say, "I was safe, but I am sorry."

"Better safe than sorry" does not always work in God's economy.  If I tried to be safe all the time, I am sure I would not be where I am today.  I would never have sown the seeds of obedience that produced the harvest I now enjoy in my ministry and in many other areas of my life.  Nothing feels better than knowing you are in the will of God -and nothing feels worse than knowing you are not.

I am not suggesting we all start doing foolish things that are unwise, but I know for a fact that not everything God wants us to do makes sense to the natural mind.  You and I must learn to be led by discernment in the inner man (the spirit) and not by our own carnal minds or what other people suggest to us.  When we step out, we should do all we can to be sure that we respond in faith and obedience to God's leadership -and not act on some wild thought we have or on a lie of Satan to try to lure us into destruction.  I encourage you to be willing to go into deep waters for God.  Ask Him to make clear what He wants you to do and then obey.


~Joyce Meyer (The Everyday Life Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment